A Neighbourhood Plan allows all the people who live in Armscote, Blackwell, Darlingscott, Newbold-on-Stour and Tredington (Tredington Parish) to directly influence the development of Tredington Parish. It has “Statutory Status” and Stratford District Council (SDC) will be legally required to take the recommendations in the NP into account as part of the District planning process.
The Neighbourhood Plan is not just about housing and other building development in the Parish but can address anything to do with the Parish that is of concern to its residents – shops, social facilities, roads, green spaces, conservation areas, traffic flow etc.
To ensure the Neighbourhood Plan becomes a legal planning requirement, it is essential that it is community led.
A Neighbourhood Plan will give us:-
- A great opportunity to make your voice heard through the production of a binding set of planning policies.
- Lots more influence and control over the development of your area.
- The ability to develop criteria and choose which sites are allocated for what kind of development. In particular the size, appearance and density.
- Helps you to deliver real, tangible, benefits for your area e.g. low cost homes for local people and the protection of open spaces for future generations to enjoy.
- Facilitates community cohesion through tackling local issues which may otherwise be overlooked by the Local Planning Authority.